Last updated 1 February 2021
Which parties are involved?
- ‘KPMG Law’, ‘we’: KPMG Law BV/SRL with registered office at 1930 Zaventem (Belgium), Luchthaven Brussel Nationaal 1K and registered with the Register of Legal Entities (Brussels) under the number 0844.900.979.
- 'User', 'you': every natural person (B2C) or legal person (B2B) in a contractual relationship of any nature, now or in the future, with KPMG Law and/or consulting the website.
- ‘Act’: art. 129 Act on Electronic Communication as amended by W 2012-07-10/04, art. 90, 017 (effective date: 04-08-2012) (URL).
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of text that a website places in the browser or on your computer or internet-enabled device whenever you visit us online (hereinafter “Cookies”). This allows the website to remember your computer or device and serves a number of purposes.
On the website, a notification banner will appear requiring your consent to collect Cookies. You can accept all Cookies by clicking on “Accept Cookies” button. Another option is to select the cookies you accept to be collected. To select those cookies you can click on “Cookie Settings” button, go through the different tabs and tick or untick the type of cookies you want. Note that you have to allow the “Strictly Necessary Cookies” to reach the website.
You can change your Cookie preferences, at any moment, by clicking on the “Cookie Preferences” button.
Types of Cookies
“Session” Cookies are stored in the device’s memory only during a user's browsing session and are automatically deleted from the user's device when the browser is closed.
“Persistent” Cookies are stored on the user's device and are not deleted when the browser is closed, unless deleted by you. Persistent Cookies can retain user preferences for a particular website, allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions.
Which Cookies do we use?
We use strictly necessary Cookies, functional Cookies, performance Cookies, targeting Cookies and social media Cookies.
You can find further information about all the (types of) Cookies used on the website by clicking on the “Cookie Preferences” button.
The applicable legislation allows us to process personal data, so long as we have a processing ground under the law to do so.
When we process your personal data through Cookies, we rely on one of the following legal grounds for processing:
- Legitimate interests: strictly necessary Cookies;
- Your consent: functional Cookies, performance Cookies, targeting Cookies and social media Cookies.
How to disable Cookies?
You can disable Cookies, at any moment, by clicking on the “Cookie Preferences” button.
If you wish to delete the placed Cookies, you may do so by clearing your browser's Cookies.
Our Privacy Statement
Please read our Privacy Statement (add link) for more information about the privacy rules applicable on our website.
Questions or remarks
How can we help?
Discover our expertise