Data Protection Day 2019
On 28 January, we will hold our annual Data Protection Day. This day marks the signing of Convention 108 in 1981 - the first binding international law regarding individuals’ rights and the protection of personal data. This Convention was the precursor to current data protection legislation, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
To this end, KPMG and K law, together with OneTrust and Microsoft, are pleased to invite you to observe Data Protection Day on 28 January 2019. At this event, we will take stock of current privacy trends and topics with our subject matter experts.
- Bruno Schroder is an experienced Technology Officer with a demonstrated history of working in the computer software industry. Strong engineering professional skilled in Business Process, Computer Science, Enterprise Software, E-commerce, and Entrepreneurship.
- Tim Fransen is Senior Counsel, and Member of the Bar of Antwerp, at K law. He is responsible for service offerings in the field of commercial law, e-commerce and data protection.
- Kevin Kiley is Vice President at OneTrust and is responsible for leading the company’s Sales & Partnership teams. In his role, Kevin works closely with many of the world’s largest companies on developing, delivering and supporting their privacy programs.
- Kara Segers is Manager Information Protection at KPMG in Belgium, with a specialization in Data Privacy Management. She has extensive experience in helping to operationalize complex privacy and data protection requirements, while keeping a pragmatic approach.
Luchthaven Brussel Nationaal 1K
- 16.30 – 17.00 Welcome and Registration
- 17.00 – 17:15 Introduction
- 17:15 – 17:45 A global shift in privacy regulation - Kevin Kiley, Vice President at OneTrust
- 17:45 – 18:15 Keeping up with Belgian legislation – Tim Fransen, Senior Counsel at K Law
- 18:15 – 18:45 Managing vendors in the light of GDPR – Kara Segers, manager Information Protection at KPMG
- 18:45 – 19:15 Technical topics on privacy – Bruno Schroder, National Technology Officer at Microsoft Belgium
- 19.15 – 21.00 Reception and Networking
Please register to the event by clicking this link. We look forward to welcoming you on 28 January.